Thursday, July 30, 2015

BookTango and SFF Marketing Podcast

I did it! Back on the 25th, I submitted my file to BookTango. Tiny internet genies are turning Allies and Enemies: Fallen into a real book as I type this. If you're not familiar with BookTango, it's a service that helps folks like me sort through the whole getting your book formatted and distributed. I'm not confident I'd be able to properly format a book for use on multiple platforms (Amazon's Kindle apparently uses something different than iBooks like ground up unicorn horn or something) so I sprang for the fee to have the doc converted.

I'm STILL waiting on the finished result (very patient person, can't you tell?).

And in other news, I've been listening to the SFF Marketing Podcast which is awesome! I can't even recall how I found it, but I'm downloading back issues and gleaning tons of useful information about how independent authors navigate the waters of self-publishing. Totally recommend it. Check them out. You won't be disappointed: http://www.marketingsff.com/